Obviously, being Asian means I was born a dark-haired vixen (lesbihonest). I mean, unless I’m an albino, which I’m clearly not. But in the eternal words of Gwen Stefani, “I was born a blonde, but they forgot to tell my hair.” Wow, I sound so gay right now…
Back to the point— I had just finished my session with my stylist a couple weeks ago when one of the guys who my stylist works with commented, “Nice hair. Now you just gotta put on blue contacts and you’re set.”
EXCUSE THE FUCK OUT OF YOU, MISTER.
He basically insinuated that because I choose to have blonde hair means that I want to be Caucasian and completely disregard my culture/heritage/etc. Granted, so many Asians I’ve seen with blonde hair also have/want pale skin and light-colored contacts. But that’s them. Do I look like I want to be a light-skinned ho? No. It’s obvious I’m brown as fuck and intend to stay that way. I’m not gonna delve any deeper into the sociocultural arguments and questions that a simple hair color change brings up, but his comment just offended me to no end. Let me ask you this: So the white people who tan (and basically end up looking like a leather bag) and dye their hair brunette want to get rid of their “white culture” and embrace the minority population?
Didn’t think so.
PRO-MELANIN FER DAZE
- zachbalbino likes this
- dorothynooween likes this
- thepeterpancomplex likes this
- juaneeboi likes this
- jeremii likes this
- october-fifteenth likes this
- akaclay likes this
- dirtyhomme reblogged this from mikeyzz and added:
- bestfudger likes this
- mikeyzz reblogged this from mjiulliano and added:
- leavinmymark said: Preach
- leavinmymark likes this
- stephanieonyourmind said: I hate that shit!!!
- stephanieonyourmind likes this
- aaronlytical said: Same with fashion. I feel like people who tie certain characteristics to certain races, sexes, cultures, etc. don’t understand that appearance doesn’t define you and that we’re all basically chameleons. Some people are afraid to embrace that fact.
- ytoob likes this
- luxating likes this
- dammitjulie likes this
- mjiulliano posted this